BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Full Time Job Opportunity
Facility Operations Coordinator
Oak Bay Recreation Centre
Reporting to the Director of Parks, Recreation and Culture, this position is responsible for the overall strategic planning, budgeting, administration, and building systems operation of the Parks, Recreation and Culture department’s maintenance division. This position is responsible for the cleanliness and effective operation of all Recreation buildings and ensures proper recruitment, supervision, training and evaluation of maintenance personnel. Exercises independent judgement in resolving issues, and is the department’s key contact for outside agencies and other departments on building-related matters.
- Oversees building operations at all Recreation buildings and facilities;
- Prepares maintenance budget estimates and continually monitors the budget;
- Oversees the annual capital program related to buildings and facilities;
- Ensures adherence to all safety and technical regulations;
- Recruitment, mentoring, and performance management of maintenance staff;
- Ensures adequate long term planning to maintain all buildings and facilities to a high standand, and prepares submissions for inclusion in the 10 year capital plan;
- Performs related duties as required.
- Supervisory course and 3 years supervisory experience in a unionized recreation centre;
- Refrigerator Operator Certification, or 5th class power engineer refrigeration endorsement;
- Completion of Senior Secondary School together with at least eight years experience in recreation facility operations, including pools, arenas, air support structures and EMS;
- Thorough knowledge of building operation systems in recreation centres, including custodial, mechanical, building and equipment maintenance and arena/pool systems;
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable safety and technical regulations;
- Computer skills in Outlook, Excel, Word, Vadim and building maintenance systems;
- Pool Operator's Level 1 and Level 2 Certificates;
- Current Emergency First Aid & CPR C certificate;
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence.
Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm; Monday to Friday 40 hrs/wk. Hours and days subject to variation to meet operational requirements.
Salary: $2,924.00 - $3160.80 bi-weekly plus municipal benefits.
Please submit applications by 4pm, Thursday, June 20th, 2019 to:
Job Application Drop Box, Recreation Oak Bay, 1975 Bee Street, Victoria, B.C., V8R 5E6
Or email: email@example.com
Subject line in email should read: 2019-44 Facility Operations Coordinator
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Location: Oak Bay, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Facilities Maintenance
Posted: June 4, 2019, 7:33 pm
Expires: June 20, 2019, 4:00 pm