BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Financial Data AnalystPosition Status: Full-Time Temporary (This position to last not later than November 30, 2020)
Employee Group: Teamsters Local 31
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Our Finance Department is seeking a Financial Data Analyst who will play an integral role in providing financial analysis and financial modelling to support the budget process, long-term financial planning and specific business and financial issues.
You are detail-oriented with superior analytical skills and have extensive experience in financial modelling. You are a team player, who strives to find solutions to issues and is someone who is able to effectively communicate with staff and stakeholders.
- Prepares and maintains financial planning models; identifies and assesses a wide variety of forecasting data requirements in support of corporate financial planning and process improvement; develops forecasts, discusses and reviews same with superiors and stakeholders; makes recommendations for adjustments, and revises same as appropriate.
- Selects, compiles and analyzes a wide variety of transactional and statistical data pertaining to financial planning and related short and long-term projections, cash flow and borrowing in relation to various programs or services; estimates and analyzes costs, revenues, rates, fees and debt requirements; researches implications and reviews with a superior; organizes and analyzes transactional data drawn from various sources and prepares summary reports identifying anomalies, trends and issues for referral to superiors.
- Analyzes, summarizes, and prepares a wide variety of Department budget estimates and related short and long-range projections; estimates costs, revenues, operating and capital budgets and debt requirements, discusses, and reviews them with superiors and contacts.
- Analyses and interprets variances between actual and budgeted revenues and expenditures, and provides written explanations of variances; prepares and maintains a variety of budget support working papers and databases.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with a variety of internal staff, and representatives of contractors and Municipal staff, related to the work performed.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of budget support working papers, databases, records, regular and ad hoc reports and presentations related to the work.
- Performs other duties as required.
To be successful, you have:
- University graduation with a degree in business administration, accounting, statistics, economics or a related discipline including courses in financial modeling and accounting, and sound related experience, some which includes financial forecasting or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of program objectives, practices, policies and procedures and of financial and business processes related to the work performed.
- Thorough knowledge of financial modeling and forecasting related to the work performed.
- Considerable knowledge of accounting principles and methods including modern reporting and cost control techniques.
- Ability to identify and determine data requirements and analyze and interpret same and prepare clear and concise financial forecast reports and recommendations related to the work performed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts in government agencies and private organizations.
- Ability to provide advice and assistance to a variety of internal and external contacts on existing or proposed processes and procedures.
- Ability to independently perform financial analysis and forecasting work.
- Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by June 18, 2019.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Financial Administration,Data Analysis
Posted: June 4, 2019, 12:39 pm
Expires: June 18, 2019, 4:30 pm