BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Section Manager, IT Infrastructure & Customer Services
Stretching from Deep Cove in the east to the Capilano River Canyon in the west, the District of North Vancouver is characterized by innovative municipal government that maintains and enhances the quality of life for its residents and businesses. Fuelled by the District’s award-winning vision to build vibrant and sustainable communities for people of all ages and backgrounds, the District offers exciting professional development opportunities and an excellent total compensation package. A flexible, family-friendly employer with an inclusive work place culture, we are looking to fill this position. Come work for one of BC’s Top Employers and contribute to making this a great place to work!
The District of North Vancouver is looking to fill this regular full time exempt management position. In this position you will be responsible for the secure and efficient operation of the company's network, servers, storage, and telecommunications equipment. This includes managing the IT staff responsible for maintaining the District’s infrastructure environment and monitoring, diagnosing, and resolving network and hardware problems. You are also expected to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all IT infrastructure aspects of the organization. This position will oversee the IT help desk support staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate technology assistance so they can perform their day-to-day work and be productive. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of IT help desk functions
The successful applicant will:
- Work with all areas of the District to identify end user device, mobile device, network, broadband, and telecommunications connectivity requirements
- Work with Manager, IT Services to develop infrastructure hardware refresh cycles for inclusion in the annual IT capital and operating budgets
- Manage IT staff responsible for monitoring, diagnosing, and resolving problems related to the network, servers, storage, database, and telecommunications equipment
- Plan backup/recovery, disaster recovery, and business continuity procedures and tests on a regular basis
- Manage IT help desk staff responsible for identifying, prioritizing, and resolving end user help requests; and monitoring, tracking and coordinating all of the IT help desk functions
- Oversee all IT Infrastructure equipment to include purchasing and budget controls; establish and build relationships with vendors; conduct product research and cost comparison, issues purchase requisitions, obtain purchase orders
- Maintain current technology and business trends knowledge; recommends and defines new infrastructure solutions for consideration by Manager, IT Services to enhance business processes, maintain acceptable performance levels and accommodate corporate growth
- Develop annual work plans for the IT Infrastructure and Customer Services department
- Liaise with department managers, supervisors and staff, on a variety of matters which can include negotiating, justifying and satisfying requests for new/additional/different infrastructure and telecommunications technology, as well as education and training with respect to technology
- Maintain respectful and effective communications and relationships with management and staff
- Analyze IT help desk processes, tools, and methodologies for effectiveness and efficiency with a view to improve them and propose value-added recommendations
- Prepare and present reports, facilitate meetings and conduct presentations to management/steering committees on a variety of infrastructure and telecommunication topics
You will have 7-10 years progressive technical experience including supervising and mentoring staff; a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, supplemented by a CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or similar designation; be proficient in Cisco, VMWare, Microsoft and various infrastructure technologies in use by the District. A valid B.C. Driver’s Licence is required.
If you have what we’re looking for and thrive working in a fast paced environment with a group of enthusiastic and dedicated people, we want to hear from you. Please apply on-line with your cover letter and resume at www.dnv.org/careers This competition will remain open until filled.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the District of North Vancouver and advise that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Information Technology
Posted: May 31, 2019, 1:41 pm
Expires: July 31, 2019, 4:30 pm