BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Manager SAP Logistics & FinanceRequisition ID: 13610
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The main function of this role is to provides leadership to and manages the day-to-day operations of the SAP Finance/Logistics team, including providing support and services, monitoring and maintenance and development of SAP applications. Provides leadership and is a technical resource on projects; sets work priorities, objectives and scope, and ensures delivery within established timelines. Provides advice and assistance to clients regarding enhancement and functionality of SAP technologies.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for departmental leadership including hiring, assigning responsibilities, evaluating performance, coaching, mentoring, training and development, and discipline up to and including termination.
- Manages a team made up of SAP Business Analysts and Developers. Develops and maintains work and resource plans to ensure the optimal assignment of tasks and resources.
- Ensures a positive work environment and awareness by all staff of team goals and objectives.
- Manages projects of varying size and complexity from solution assessment and project planning through to final implementation. Manages project stakeholders and mitigates project risks.
- Consults with business departments and SAP users to understand requirements and opportunities for improvement. Develops SAP-related alternatives and recommends the most suitable options (including process changes) to assist customers in meeting their operational goals.
- Manages problem resolution for calls referred by the Help Desk.
- Investigates and follows up on SAP system errors/problems. Liaises with SAP as required to resolve these issues.
- Ensures performance of applications and responds to issues/problems in a timely manner; ensures service level support is provided as agreed upon.
- Designs, develops, modifies and maintains SAP Finance, Logistics and related configuration and to meet the business and operational requirements of the City of Vancouver.
- Ensures adequate testing and documentation of all system changes and new implementations to ensure ongoing system integrity and proper integration across various SAP applications.
- Responsible for maintaining necessary interfaces and creating new interfaces as required.
- Provides technical assistance for SAP upgrades, the implementation of additional modules and the integration to other (non SAP) applications.
- Provides corporate and departmental reporting support and participates in the design/development of new reporting solutions as required.
- Participates in system planning, ensuring that vendor releases and upgrades are factored into the planning process; initiates and participates in the development of new standards.
- Plans, develops, implements and monitors compliance for standards, policies, and procedures, including security of applications.
- Maintains relationships with applicable vendors and consultants.
- Recommends team members for assignments on related projects.
- Remains current with developments in SAP and related technologies (eg. new releases and available functionality).
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Business Administration
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in applications or product development and design and at least five (5) years’ experience managing a team or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated operational and project management skills: results focused and team oriented.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the SAP system and how it supports the City of Vancouver’s business processes.
- Thorough knowledge of business practices and processes particularly in the areas of Finance and Logistics.
- Thorough knowledge of SAP configuration particularly in the areas of Finance and Logistics.
- Good understanding of system integration across various SAP applications (eg. FI/CO/HR/Pay).
- Excellent leadership skills with an ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop, document, review and revise strategic plans.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts
Business Unit/Department: IT, Digital Strategy & 311 (1070)
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: July, 2019
Application Close: June 16, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.