BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Emergency Management BC
Kamloops, Prince George, Saanichton or Surrey
Fire CommissionerSalary $105,700.02 - $132,200.22 annually
Making an impact in people’s lives when it matters most
Emergency Management BC (EMBC) is the province's lead coordinating agency for all emergency management activities, including planning, training, testing and exercising. As such, EMBC’s mission is to be responsible to British Columbians for leading the management of provincial level emergencies and disasters and supporting other authorities within their areas of jurisdiction. EMBC works directly with local governments, First Nations, provincial ministries and agencies, federal departments, other jurisdictions, industry and volunteers in hazard mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery.
As the Fire Commissioner, you will be the senior fire authority in the Province of British Columbia and mandated to minimize the loss of life and property from fire through the administration and enforcement of fire and life safety legislation through the Fire Safety Act, the BC Fire Code and the Emergency Program Act.
In this position, you will be responsible for the effective administration of the Office of the Fire Commissioner (OFC) and oversight of programs relating to fire prevention, fire investigation, and public education. You will also provide expert advice and will work directly with high-level internal and external local, national and international professionals, First Nations governments and NGO’s to develop and continue solid partnerships.
Qualifications for this role include:
- A post secondary degree in business administration, public administration, or related field and at least five years’ senior management experience OR post secondary level education in the areas of fire service leadership, administration and fire operations and at least 7 year’s senior management experience.An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of 3 year’s recent, experience in a senior management role with strategic and operational program leadership within the fire service.
- Experience leading and managing the development and implementation of regulations and policies in a large organization.
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with senior government leaders, partners and community.
- Experience leading the development of business plans, contract management, financial management or stakeholder engagement.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary staff, including developing and evaluating employee performance goals, coaching, team building and mentoring.
Preference may be given to candidates with:
- Experience leading organizational change associated with implementation.
For more information and to apply online by June 16, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/60728
Location: Kamloops, BC
Region: Thompson / Shuswap / Columbia
Professional Categories: Fire & Rescue Services,Executive / Administrative Management
Posted: May 24, 2019, 3:20 pm
Expires: June 16, 2019, 4:30 pm