BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Bugaboo University Program Assistant
Recreation Penticton is currently seeking an independent contractor to fill the role of our Bugaboo University Program Assistant. Bugaboo University is a community early learning centre for 3-5 year olds, where children come to learn and explore through play and meaningful interactions.
Mission Statement: At Bugaboo University we aim to further develop your child’s sense of self, stimulate their imagination and foster a love for life-long learning.
Role: Following our mission statement and philosophy, the Program Assistant will assist in the delivery of high quality programs for children 3-5 years old.
Major Responsibilities & Abilities:
- Maintain a safe, orderly, and clean environment
- Ensure all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained
- Ensure the delivery of high quality programming and age appropriate care
- Establish positive relationships and open communication with parents/guardians
- First Aid Certificate
- Early Childhood Educator or Assistant Certificate is considered an asset
- Additional courses/training related to child development is considered an asset
- Experience working with children in a child care setting
- Enthusiasm, energy, interpersonal and organizational skills necessary to support a positive team environment
- Provide 3 references upon request.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Terms of Employment:
Location: Penticton Community Centre – 325 Power St, Penticton, BC
Rate of Pay: To be determined, dependent on experience
Hours: 9:00am-12:00pm (Tuesdays and Thursdays) & 9:00am – 4:00pm (Monday, Wednesday & Friday).
Placement Date: Aug 26th/2019
Please forward your cover letter & resume to:
Amanda Murai, Recreation Coordinator @
Posting open until position filled.
Location: Penticton, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation,Program Management/Services
Posted: May 22, 2019, 8:52 am
Expires: August 26, 2019, 4:30 pm