BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Clerk IV (Utilities Management)Requisition ID: 13407
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
Reporting to the Technical Supervisor Engineering, Utilities Management Branch, the Clerk IV position works with a team of technical staff of the Utilities Management Branch to review, approve and coordinate utility construction on City streets.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The position is part of the Utilities Branch team and
- Sets up and maintains work order accounts, journal vouchers, invoices and other applications for costing and billing for the utility installations. This will include processing invoices from utility companies, obtaining payment approval and account numbers from appropriate City Staff, then using SAP, applying payment and parking the invoice.
- Creates SAP work orders for street cut repairs, prepares and sends invoices to the appropriate utility companies settle the payments received in Tempest.
- Tracks and collect any outstanding invoices.
- Arranges with Traffic Operations for City crews to install temporary “no stopping” signs for utility installations, updating signing changes as the job requires, closes out work orders when the project is complete and review and tracks the charges to be sent.
- Maintains office files, prepares statistical reports from SAP and contacts utility companies to clarify concerns with their invoices or with City invoices and to assist in resolving any concerns.
- Provides written correspondence as required and maintains accurate records and files from different databases.
- Performs related work as required including attending meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
Encroachment By-law Administration:
- Responding to encroachment complaint calls, reviewing encroachments in the field, resolving encroachment issues involving planned city or third party work, writing letters and meeting with property owners.
- Maintaining excel database of encroachment agreements and their associated annual fees and preparing annual encroachment fees report for property taxes.
- Managing the use of city streets through the enforcement of the Encroachment By-law, coordinating with other branches in Engineering Services and other departments regarding encroachment issues and reading and interpreting legal agreements.
Management of Public Art on City Streets:
- Reviewing public art proposals and coordinating stakeholder reviews with other branches in Engineering Services and other departments in the city.
- Coordinates review meetings with stakeholders, and communicating with artists and public art consultants regarding proposals and review/approval procedures.
- Writing reports to management with regards to specific public art projects, and reviewing existing public art guidelines and creating new ones.
- Maintaining a database of public art on city streets and creating a maintenance plan for public art on city streets.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
The completion of grade 12 preferably including or supplemented by courses in commercial subjects, previous experience as an Clerk III or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, VanMaps and Google Street View.
- Knowledge of computer software such as SAP, POSSE, PlanIT, VanDocs and OQM Documentation Procedures
- Knowledge of VanMap and to understand and interpret engineering drawings is an asset.
- Accuracy during the checking of invoice information from both City Branches and from utility companies for invoice preparation or payment is critical to this position.
- Ability to function as part of a technical team and be able to work with minimal direction.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully and maintain cooperative relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Good organizational skills to deal with workloads with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with the public and City staff in person, by E-mail and by telephone.
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: June, 2019
Position End Date: May, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-019: $29.74 to $34.98 per hour
Application Close: May 26, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: May 17, 2019, 1:24 pm
Expires: May 26, 2019, 11:59 pm