BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Town of Osoyoos
Director of Operations
The resort municipality of Osoyoos, BC located in the beautiful south Okanagan Valley, approximately 60 km south of Penticton on the BC/Washington State border, is seeking a Director of Operations. Osoyoos is situated in a unique and special environment that includes the warmest freshwater lake in Canada and the warmest annual temperature. It is Canada’s only true desert with the lowest annual precipitation and Sonoran Desert flora and fauna. Surrounded by stunning vistas, beautiful vineyards, fabulous golf courses and other outdoor amenities it is an extraordinary area to visit, play and live.
Osoyoos is seeking a key member of the senior management team who is motivated to provide exceptional service delivery and public service. This position reports directly to the Chief Administrative Officer and will manage and coordinate capital projects and contracted engineering services as well as provide oversight and leadership for the maintenance and construction of roads, water and sewer, environmental (landfill) services, signage, and building and park maintenance.
The successful applicant will have exceptional communications skills and will bring innovative and effective leadership to the position along with:
- A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a Civil Engineering Technology diploma with a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in a related field;
- Proven leadership ability and supervisory experience in a unionized environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge in project management, design, construction, inspection of infrastructure and capital works projects;
- Understanding of provincial legislation requirements for sewer, water and solid waste;
- Ability to prepare annual and long range operational and capital budgets and oversee department expenditures;
- Strong report writing and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel).
This exempt position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and an excellent benefits package. A complete Job Description with Qualifications can be found on the Town’s website at www.osoyoos.ca . Qualified applicants are invited to make enquires or apply via email only by 4:30, Friday, June 14th, 2019 to email@example.com . “Director of Operations” needs to be referenced in the subject line of the email. All enquiries and resumes should be directed to:
Barry Romanko, CLGM
Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Osoyoos
8707 Main Street, Box 3010
Osoyoos BC V0H 1V0
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Engineering,Project Management
Posted: May 17, 2019, 10:21 am
Expires: June 14, 2019, 4:30 pm