BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Recreation Leader - Attendant
Parks and Recreation
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
Varies, including day, evening, weekend and some graveyard shifts
$25.32- $29.73 per hour + 12% in lieu of all benefits
The Queensborough Community Centre is seeking an outgoing, energetic and self-motivated individual to join their team in providing customer service and recreational leadership, as well as performing janitorial work, in this multi-purpose recreation facility. The performance of customer service and front counter tasks, such as supporting program registration and rental services, recreational leadership, minor maintenance and janitorial functions is an integral part of the work. You will also organize, implement and lead a variety of social, sport, fitness, special events and/or general interest activities, as well as coordinate the work of other staff and volunteers engaged in related tasks.
- Enrolled in or completion of a 2 year post-secondary program in Recreation supplemented by customer service, recreational and building maintenance experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills as necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, program participants and rental customers.
- Sound knowledge of organized recreation principles and practices including the safe and proper use of equipment and facilities.
- Knowledge of maintenance methods, procedures, materials and equipment.
- Working knowledge of the program content of the social, sport, fitness or general interest activity for which leadership skills are required and to which an incumbent is assigned.
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in janitorial work including WHMIS training.
- Ability to present ideas and viewpoints effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Skill in the use of cleaning and related equipment.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required.
- Preference for those with Valid First Aid or CPR certification and experience with registration and membership software.
Apply by sending your resume quoting Competition #19-71 by May 23, 2019 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.