BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Parks & Environmental Services, SEAPARC
Fitness & Aquatic Coordinator
Regular Full time
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly (shifts as required for operational requirements; current shift schedule: Tuesday – Saturday)
Rate of Pay
$32.70 - $37.11 per hour
Review of applications begins 4:00pm on May 31, 2019; however, the competition will remain open until the successful candidate is found
The Fitness & Aquatic Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects and safe delivery of Aquatic and Fitness programs and services. Responsibilities include overseeing a diverse range of Aquatic and Fitness programs, including supervision of an aquatic team engaged in lifeguarding and instructional work, as well as a team responsible for leading group fitness classes, personal training and facility supervision . Will be required to work shift sche dules as required for continuous operation, including weekends.
This position requires an acceptable crim inal record check. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal reco rd check in order to work in this position and to report to their superv isor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be r elated to their employment in this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the development, implementation and monitors success of diverse Aquatic and Fitness program services within policy guidelines and approved budget
- Supervises program staff including recruiting and training, performance reviews, as well as provides leadership training opportunities to staff.
- Coordinates and monitors staff schedules and payroll
- Coordinates and oversees staff training and ensures appropriate training systems are in place
- Implements facility and pool safety plans and maintain records as required
- Assists with the preparation of the annual program budget.
- Monitors the revenue and expenditures in the aquatic and fitness section of the budget
- Drafts policies and procedures relating to the swimming pool and fitness facility and provides input regarding administration and delivery of current and new programs
- Schedules the use of the swimming pool and fitness facilities
- Coordinates the provision of services with medical practitioners and various service contractors to ensure a comprehensive offering of programs and drop-in opportunities
- Markets and promotes fitness and aquatic programs and services in conjunction with the Manager, Program Services and the Program team
- Provides reports as required
- Participates on inter-municipal committees and assists with the development and implementation of joint initiatives
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Performs other related duties as required
- Degree in recreation or related field plus 2 years’ experience, including supervisory experience in the recreation field or other applicable areas, or;
- Diploma in recreation or related field and 3-5 years’ experience in recreation administration and programming including supervisory experience
- Must have extensive experience in a leadership role
- Strong background in pool policies, procedures and regulations
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and implementing fitness programs and services
- National Lifeguard Certificate, CPR Level C
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
- Instructor Trainer Certificate or Life Saving Instructor Trainer (LSIT) considered an asset
- BCRPA Fitness Leader Certificate considered an asset
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of WorkSafeBC practices/protocols, Worker’s Compensation Act and OH&S Regulations and other relevant safety statutes.
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize workload, work under pressure with general supervision while meeting scheduled deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel) and registration programs (such as CLASS or PerfectMind)
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and public relations skills required.
- Excellent teamwork and leadership abilities are essential
- Ability to use sound judgment while creating a positive, enthusiastic & fun environment
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts to meet operational requirements
- Demonstrated success in program development, implementation and evaluation with attention to industry and community trends
- Demonstrated ability to foster a team environment
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
Please note: This position is currently being reviewed as referenced in Article 27.01 of the CRD/CUPE Local 1978 Agreement.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation
Posted: May 14, 2019, 3:42 pm
Expires: May 31, 2019, 4:30 pm