BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Competition No. 19-18E
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, and pristine lakes. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the Regional District and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
Reporting to the Manager of Legislative Services, the regular, full-time Administrative Assistant position will be responsible for performing a variety of high level administrative functions in support of the department’s operations, services, programs and activities. This position will specifically involve biweekly Board agenda and minutes, tracking of board action, land title registration, classification of corporate records and assisting with privacy impact assessments.
- Secondary school graduation, in addition to administrative training at a recognized institution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of related office experience. Local government experience is an asset.
- Experience working with the public and providing outstanding customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on a number of concurrent tasks with deadline pressures.
- Ability to compose complex business correspondence and proofread for grammar, spelling, and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with discretion and integrity.
- Understanding of government records management and electronic data management systems.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); as well as Adobe software.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
This regular full-time position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $29.55, Paygrade 4, plus an attractive fringe benefits package.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit their applications quoting Competition No. 19-18E by 4:30 pm, on Friday, May 24, 2019 to:
Human Resources Department
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
101 Martin Street
Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: Penticton, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: May 13, 2019, 8:54 am
Expires: May 24, 2019, 4:30 pm