BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Competition No. 19-19E
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, and pristine lakes. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the Regional District and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
Reporting to the Manager of Legislative Services, the regular, part-time Clerk position will be responsible for performing a variety of customer service and routine administrative tasks in support of the department’s operations, services, programs and activities. Specifically, the position is responsible for assisting with the regular functions of the Board of Directors, including pre and post Board meeting support, coordination of various external meetings, assisting with travel and conference arrangements and providing support to the rest of the Legislative Services Department.
- Secondary school graduation in addition to administrative/secretarial training at a recognized institution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Local government experience is an asset.
- A minimum of one (1) year related experience and knowledge of general office procedures.
- Experience providing excellent service to the public, Elected Officials and other staff.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to operate a multi-line phone system.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work on a number of concurrent tasks with deadline pressures.
- Ability to compose and type routine correspondence and proofread for grammar, spelling, and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Understanding of government records management and electronic data management systems is an asset.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to pass and maintain a criminal record check.
This regular, part-time position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $27.85 Paygrade 3, plus 14.5% in lieu of benefits and pension. Qualified individuals are invited to submit their applications quoting Competition No. 19-19 by 4:30 pm, on Friday, May 24, 2019 to:
Human Resources Department
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
101 Martin Street
Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: Penticton, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: May 13, 2019, 8:49 am
Expires: May 24, 2019, 4:30 pm