BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Director of Infrastructure ServicesLocated at the heart of Alberta, the Athabasca Region is the perfect destination to experience adventure, culture, history and relaxation. Amid lush boreal forests, the Athabasca Region features picturesque lakes, dynamic communities, scenic natural vistas and unique recreation opportunities – all less than 90 minutes’ drive north of Edmonton. Explore www.visitathabasca.ca for a more in depth look at what the Athabasca Region has to offer.
Athabasca County is currently accepting applications for a Director of Infrastructure Services. Reporting to the County Manager, the Director will be responsible for the management and administration of the Infrastructure Services Department which includes strategic planning and the administration of all capital projects and operations approved by Council. These include roadway maintenance and construction operations, shop and equipment services and utilities.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of managerial / supervisory experience as well as knowledge in construction and maintenance of roads and utilities in a municipal setting, ideally in a rural municipality. Knowledge of or background in Civil Engineering is an asset. A valid Class 5 driver’s license is required.
- Provide technical and professional advice to the County Manager and Council on all proposed capital projects and on the general operation of the Infrastructure Services and Public Works departments.
- Supervise and oversee the overall operation of all construction, maintenance, and operation of the County’s local roads and bridges.
- Provide technical advice regarding construction techniques, engineering requirements, cost estimates, and schedules for consideration for construction projects being considered by County Council.
- Supervise and oversee the overall operation and maintenance of all County cemeteries and utilities.
- Review utility plans and requests and perform liaison functions between consumers, contractors, engineers, and local authorities to ensure that no conflict exists in the construction of utility systems with local ratepayers, government regulations, agencies, other utility companies, and County policies.
- Interpreting, formulating, and enforcing all legislation, regulatory County policies, and preparing annual budgets and long term plans for all areas of responsibility and make sound financial management and administrative recommendations to the County Manager and Council.
- Provide supervisory functions to all full-time, contract, casual, and seasonal workers within the Infrastructure Services and Public Works departments.
- Ensure that actions and procedures undertaken by the Infrastructure Services and Public Works departments comply with current County policies and pertinent Provincial and/or Federal legislative and/or regulatory requirements.
You will find a detailed job description on the Athabasca County website under Career Opportunities at www.athabascacounty.com or please contact Kelli Chamberlain (780) 6752273 at the County Administration Office for further information.
The current salary range for this position is $110,956 - $134,995. Athabasca County offers an attractive benefit package and contributes to the Local Authorities Pension Plan.
The deadline to apply for this position is Friday, May 24, 2019.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
HR, Payroll Department
3602 - 48 Avenue
Athabasca, AB T9S 1M8
RE: Director of Infrastructure Services
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Athabasca, AB
Region: Athabasca / Grande Prairie
Professional Categories: Engineering
Posted: May 2, 2019, 3:41 pm
Expires: May 24, 2019, 4:30 pm