BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Business Manager, Olympic Experience
The Olympic Experience (OE) at the Richmond Olympic Oval is North America’s first member of the International Olympic Committee’s Olympic Museums Network (OMN). The Olympic Experience inspires excellence in sport, promotes community, and motivates visitors to dream big. The mission of the OE is to re-ignite the excitement of the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games and educate visitors in the science, art, culture and power of sport.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Business Manager, Olympic Experience. The Business Manager is an articulate, results-driven individual who will grow the OE into a prominent, must-see attraction for tourists, schools and the community. Success will mean increased visitation and innovative ways to activate the space.
Our GOLD medal candidate is:
An innovative, passionate, and entrepreneurial leader with excellent interpersonal abilities and superior communication skills. Planning and strategic thinking all come naturally. The Business Manager inspires and collaboratively leads a professional staff team and an enthusiastic group of volunteers. The successful candidate can develop and implement marketing strategies, maintain relationships with various stakeholders, and understands the importance of responsible fiscal management.
- Oversee the Olympic Experience programming and operations to meet or exceed standards of excellence.
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, advice and direction to staff and volunteers.
- Develop and implement strategic plans that establish the OE as a key tourist attraction whilst building year over year growth in attendance and revenue.
- Connect and develop relationships with the public, arts and business communities and maintain a direct liaison with the City of Richmond senior administration.
- Coordinate and participate in public relations and promotional activities locally, regionally and nationally.
- Continue to develop the OE as a prominent public cultural resource with a stable financial foundation, broad community engagement and an expanding circle of supporters.
- Prepare capital and operating budgets and produce reports, as needed.
- Manage the development, design and implementation of future program ideas, special events and exhibits.
- Oversee the recruitment, management, training and supervision of volunteers.
- Coordinate the programming of both permanent and temporary exhibits in the OE with assistance from the City of Richmond Curator of Collections.
- Other duties as required.
- Completion of a university degree in Business, Tourism, Museum Studies or a comparable field, Graduate level is an asset.
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience in similar positions OR equivalent combination of training and experience leading an arts institution or a destinations organization.
- Demonstrated experience working with a range of audiences including community groups, private corporations and sport organizations.
- Have a minimum of five years’ leadership experience of a staff team.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, analytical skills as well as effective oral and written communications skills.
- Have experience in strategic and long-range planning, forecasting and financial management, fundraising/grant writing and teambuilding.
- Have the ability to prioritize competing demands, work well under pressure and deal with stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Have the ability to exercise considerable independence of judgement, action, tact and initiative in performing the work.
- Proficiency in social media, digital content and MS Office technology.
- An above average knowledge of Olympic and sport history is preferable.
- Complete a successful Criminal Record Check.
Perks: Our workplace culture embraces People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation.
- Full Oval membership
- Access to 20,000 sqft fitness centre with top class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, 4-storey climbing wall, YYoga studio, endless fitness classes, Olympic sized ice rinks and the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) museum..
- Collaborative and fun team environment.
- Extended Health and Dental plan
- Health Spending Account
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
If you are passionate, motivated and ready to inspire excellence, then we want to hear from you!
Location: Richmond, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Business Analysis/Services,Facilities Management/Development
Posted: May 1, 2019, 1:35 pm
Expires: May 31, 2019, 4:30 pm