BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Project Engineer - Transportation Planning (Term)
One of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city - and their careers - forward. Recognized as a BC Top Employer and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, the City of Surrey has created a culture that reflects a desire to work collaboratively with its Council, employees, and all Surrey citizens.
The City of Surrey is a place of innovative transformation and accelerated growth—where the future is limitless, and possibilities are endless. If you are excited about helping to build the city of tomorrow—and you share our values of integrity, service, teamwork, innovation and community—join us, today.
Transportation is a key strategic priority for the City of Surrey. The Project Engineer is accountable to the Transportation Planning Section Manager for the preparation of transportation plans and design concepts. This role involves considerable coordination with other sections of the Engineering Department and other departments and agencies to help secure the necessary transportation infrastructure required for the continued growth in Surrey.
As an Engineer in Transportation Planning you identify with these key attributes and accountabilities:
- You are a strategic thinker, who is able to anticipate, plan and support current and future transportation needs in-line with the City’s overall goals and objectives.
- You have expertise at developing and implementing policies at a strategic level and will liaise directly with Translink and other intergovernmental bodies.
- You will use your expertise in Transportation Planning to manage, review or undertake multi-modal transportation policy studies and plans, developing design concepts, coordinating city transportation and external agency plans. In addition, you will develop, implement and evaluate long-term transportation planning programs, plans and services and providing training and development of junior employees.
- You will develop new transportation standards and specifications.
- You have excellent communication and customer services skills and will provide the public with prompt, courteous service to inquiries and suggestions concerning Transportation.
- Your decision making and problem-solving abilities will be critical as you review and resolve issues concerning Transportation within the City.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline of engineering
- Membership or eligible for membership with APEGBC as a Professional Engineer
- Minimum 5 years of transportation experience, including experience in transportation planning
- Considerable experience in transportation policy development and implementation
- Knowledgeable of design standards associated with TAC, MOT and the principles and practices associated with Transportation Engineering
- Experience with macroscopic and microscopic transportation modelling and analysis, including use of the region’s EMME model.
- A valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
This job posting will close on May 29, 2019.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Engineering,Transportation Services
Posted: April 30, 2019, 2:58 pm
Expires: May 29, 2019, 4:30 pm