BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Job ID: 2018388
$33.63 to $39.57 per hour
The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire 1 Auxiliary Exhibit Custodian to join our RCMP team. This position receives, checks, controls, maintains and ensures for the storage, disposition, security and movement of all exhibits for the Richmond RCMP Detachment.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Knowledge of methods and procedures of receiving, recording, storing, controlling and safekeeping of police exhibits.
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications, including but not limited to CPIC, PRME, Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of applicable safety regulations.
- Knowledge of detachment and RCMP policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of police terminology and reporting structure
- Knowledge of software and applications related to the work.
- Ability to communicate orally
- Ability to communicate in writing.
- Ability to interpret and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- Ability to respond to internal and external inquiries.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and exercise considerable independence of judgment and action.
- Precise and detail-oriented.
- Maintains confidentiality in providing accurate, factual information to others.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
Position Requirements: Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent supplemented by coursework in computer applications and programs such as CPIC, PRIME, Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent plus a minimum of over one year work experience preferably in clerical or warehousing in a law enforcement environment. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today! The City of Richmond uses an applicant tracking system for candidates wishing to view and apply for available career opportunities. For further details regarding this specific career opportunity, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment Applicants will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format). The job opportunity will remain open until the position is filled.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries please.