BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Economic Development Coordinator
Office of the CAO
NO. OF POSITIONS:
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours per week
$63,918 – 75,369 annually (under review)
The City of New Westminster has an amazing opportunity for an Economic Development Coordinator. Reporting to the Manager, Communications and Economic Development, you will be supporting the implementation of the strategies and actions contained in the City’s economic development plan, Future Forward, along with related projects and initiatives. You will also be responsible for coordinating and providing support for the Intelligent New West initiative, as outlined in the 2018 Intelligent New West strategic plan. In addition to managing the economic development website and social media, you will also assist in planning, researching and coordinating the development of information, programs and materials to support business attraction and expansion activities to support the City’s vision of being a sustainable, livable and thriving community, fueled by a strong local economy and supported by active, engaged residents.
If you are passionate about supporting and fostering business growth in New Westminster, and want to drive continuous innovation in delivery of city programs, projects and processes, we want to meet you!
- You have a degree in economic development, business, communications, marketing or related discipline, from a recognized post-secondary institution plus sound related experience, preferably within the public sector context, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
- You are familiar with Smart City concepts, practice and initiatives such as broadband and fibre connectivity, digital inclusion, innovation, advocacy and marketing, and how they relate to the building of a dynamic, local economy.
- You are aware of current trends and practices related to green and sustainable technology and business development.
- You are adept on the principles, practices, methods, and techniques applicable to economic development, particularly in a local government context.
- You have the ability to research, compile information, and prepare narrative and graphic reports on a variety of matters pertaining to economic development and related initiatives.
- You are skilled in developing a variety of promotional materials, uploading information to the web, and providing updates through various social media.
- You are a problem solver, decision maker, and analyzer of economic development programs and initiatives.
- You have the ability to assist with event planning and implementation.
- You have strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills, including the ability to independently prepare correspondence, narrative, and statistical information.
- You have a natural ability to successfully engage the community and establish/maintain effective liaisons, communications, and working relationships with staff, external contacts, and the general public.
- You have a track record of working independently and with minimal supervision, organizing your workload and setting priorities, and are flexible with changing priorities and deadlines.
- You are willing to work extended and non‐standard hours and periods of time as operationally required.
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume quoting competition #19-45, by May 3, 2019 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: 604-527-4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.