BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Prince Rupert
Deputy Fire Chief
Department: Prince Rupert Fire Rescue
Application Posted: April 10th, 2019
Application Deadline: May 10th, 2019
Union/Exempt: Management (Exempt)
Experience the wonder of living in the gorgeous setting of BC’s northwest coast. Our majestic city of over 14,000 (with an annual influx of 250,000 visitors) abounds with natural beauty and includes a bustling waterfront and charming heritage buildings. Affordable housing, ocean views, fresh air and all the amenities for quality living are at hand.
Here at the City of Prince Rupert, we pride ourselves in being an equal opportunity employer and we are seeking a qualified leader to join our Prince Rupert Fire Rescue management team as a Deputy Fire Chief.
Reporting to the Fire Chief, the successful candidate will bring an infectious attitude, effective management and administrative skills alongside solid fire service experience. This key leadership role will be expected to jump in and assist with administrative duties, budgeting, training, strategic planning, joint occupational health and safety, and labour management. The right candidate will also have the ability to build outstanding teams, maintain credibility with stakeholders, communicate effectively, and undertake leadership positions and other roles within the Incident Command Systems. In short, we are looking for someone that will positively impact our department, our organization and our community.
To be considered for this role, the candidate must have:
- NFPA 1021 Fire officer II; NFPA 1021 Fire officer III considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education in fire administration, leadership, business or a related discipline.
- 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Valid Class 5 drivers with air brake endorsement with a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
- First Responder Level 3 First Aid with Spinal and AED endorsements.
- Able to function in an environment of demanding timelines and changing priorities.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate being on call on a rotational basis.
- Evidence of community involvement.
The City of Prince Rupert offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We also require the successful candidate to undergo a Criminal Records Check.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
City of Prince Rupert
424 - 3rd Avenue West
Prince Rupert, BC, V8J 1L7
Applications will not be accepted at the Fire Hall.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Region: North Coast / Nechako
Professional Categories: Fire & Rescue Services
Posted: April 11, 2019, 1:12 pm
Expires: May 10, 2019, 4:30 pm