BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Trades III – Mechanic/Welder
Full Time / Time Stated (approx. 6 months)
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam’s Engineering & Public Works Department is currently seeking an energetic individual to join the Public Works team as a full time / time stated Trades III – Mechanic/Welder for approximately six months. This is skilled technical work performing both highly skilled mechanical work and welding repair work at the journeyman level on City cars, trucks, heavy construction and service equipment.
If you have the following then we want to meet you!
- You have an Interprovincial Red Seal Trades Qualification in Heavy Duty Mechanic's or Commercial Transport;
- You have a minimum one-year previous experience working as a Heavy Duty or Commercial Transport Mechanic;
- You have a valid Commercial Vehicle Inspector's Certificate;
- You have a valid BC Driver's License - Class 3 or 1;
- You have successfully completed practical and theoretical post-secondary courses on Oxyacetylene Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, and Gas Metal Arc Welding;
- You have Welding Level C (considered an asset).
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact;
- We care deeply about the community we serve;
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform;
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
The 2019 hourly rate of pay is $38.16 per hour and includes a comprehensive benefit package upon completion of a four month probationary period. Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their resumes along with a one page cover letter demonstrating how their qualifications and/or experience match the position online by April 26, 2019 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #19-045e. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.