BC Local Government Job Posting Service
With a moderate climate, spectacular scenery and year-round recreational offerings at our doorstep, the City of Campbell River is the ideal location to live, work, and play.
Parks Specialist I
The City of Campbell River is seeking a part-time Parks Specialist I.
As part of the Parks team, reporting to the Parks Operations Supervisor and working directly under the supervision of the Green Space Coordinator, you will perform a variety of tasks assigned in the day-to-day preparation and maintenance of sports fields, parks, McIvor Lake, cemetery, green spaces, and outdoor washrooms throughout the City of Campbell River.
To be eligible for this role you will have:
- a Building Services Worker (BSW) Level 1 Certification (or proof of enrolment).
- a Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- an Occupational First Aid Level 1.
- a valid drivers licence, and produce and maintain a clean driver’s abstract.
- one (1) year relevant experience as a labourer in a municipal or related setting.
- experience working around heavy construction equipment, such as excavators, backhoes, loaders, dump trucks, etc.
The current hourly rate of pay for this CUPE bargaining unit position is $27.17 working 40 hours per week, five (5) months per year (May through September).
For a detailed job description that lists all the necessary qualifications for this position, please visit the “Employment Opportunities” section of our website at www.campbellriver.ca.
Please include verification of your education and certifications with your application.
This posting will remain open until filled. Review of applications will commence immediately.
Please send your resume with covering letter, quoting Competition EXT-19-11-2 to
Human Resources Department, City of Campbell River
301 St. Ann's Road, Campbell River, BC V9W 4C7
Fax: (250) 286-5760
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short listed
for interviews will be contacted.