BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Engineering Assistant 2 – Land Development
We are looking to add to our team of passionate, knowledgeable, and innovative engineering professionals an Engineering Assistant, who will play a key role in the land development application process. If you are interested in a career that offers challenge and opportunities, we encourage you to keep reading.
This role will be positioned in our Development Services Section where you will work closely with Planning and Engineering teams on a number of developments including town centre redevelopment, industrial and business parks, large scale multifamily residential projects and single family infill projects.
- Using your knowledge of civil engineering you will complete design reviews ensuring City standards and criteria are met, issue contracts and agreements, and liaise with affected stakeholders as required through the land development process.
- You embrace new opportunities for growth and thrive working within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Your excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer relationship management skills will be critical as you engage with Developers, Engineers, Consultants, internal staff, external organizations and the public.
- Your exceptional organizational skills will aid you in reviewing multiple design-related applications with ambitious timelines.
- Completion of a two year diploma in a related field of Engineering Technology relevant to the position. OR
- Completion of a one-year certificate in a related field of Engineering Technology supplemented by a minimum of three (3) years of engineering experience with a demonstrated record of technical knowledge, skills and ability or an equivalent combination of related training and experience
- Applicants must possess a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License.
- Experience working with a consulting organization or other municipality on construction or land development projects is considered an asset.
This job posting will close on April 23rd, 2019.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca