BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Library Business Manager
(Permanent Full Time)
The West Vancouver Memorial Library is an innovative, well-used and well-supported public library with an engaged community, a dedicated staff and a commitment to service excellence and sustainability. We are seeking a collaborative individual with a strong public service orientation to join our management team and provide leadership in key portfolios as Library Business Manager.
Reporting to the Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- collaborating with senior Library managers in the planning, consolidation and coordination of the annual operating and capital budgets
- preparing the Library’s operating and capital budget submissions to the Library Board and to the District of West Vancouver, which includes composing business cases and preparing forecasts of the Library’s future financial needs
- managing the operating and capital budget on a day-to-day basis within fiscally defined parameters; analyzing financial management reporting; implementing procedures to monitor revenues and expenditures; and ensuring correct postings of transactions and initiating amendments as required
- preparing quarterly reports and annual financial statements with variance evaluation for senior management, the Board, and the District of West Vancouver
- developing and managing the project plans for the implementation of building, equipment and furnishing projects in collaboration with the District Manager of Facilities and Assets
- maintaining inventory and overseeing asset management including purchasing for facility equipment, furnishing and building trades
- managing staff and public safety operations including overseeing emergency preparedness and response, occupational health and safety, and incident management, in collaboration with District Health and Safety and Risk Management Advisors
- planning, implementing, and evaluating the Library’s sustainability initiatives
- managing staff and participating in employee and labour relations matters, including providing input to and participating in collective bargaining, and
The successful candidate has completed: a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, or Accounting plus considerable related experience in budgeting, accounting, financial reporting and computerized financial systems or equivalent. A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience, including 2 years of relevant supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized environment. Strong knowledge of financial management processes, standard accounting practices and internal controls. Understanding of planning and project management, occupational health and safety standards. Experience in a unionized government, public sector or Library environment is desirable.
The successful candidate will be required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
Exempt – Permanent Full-Time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.