BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Sea to Sky Community Services
Director of Housing
Sea to Sky Community Services Society has emerged in recent years as a lead provider of affordable non-market and social housing in the Squamish area. More recently the Society has partnered with the District of Squamish to provide a number of non-market affordable housing options across a broad income spectrum for residents of all ages, abilities, and family circumstances. It is expected that this sector will grow significantly over the coming years with the Society providing key leadership in planning, implementing and operating a variety of housing projects and communities. The Director of Housing, as a new position to the Society, will play a pivotal role in these endeavours. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to make a difference for a great organization located in the great community of Squamish.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Housing is ultimately responsible for:
- Leading the strategic planning, development and operational performance of the Society’s Housing Department.
- Leading and working collaboratively with internal leaders and external partners, to realize the opportunity for new housing developments, and the management of existing housing units.
- Overseeing the Society’s facilities’ operations including property management and capital replacement/development functions in order to ensure buildings continue to provide healthy, safe and positive living and working environments.
- Fostering a culture that ensures a home-like setting for the residents we serve.
Education/Previous Work Experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years of real estate portfolio management, property or real estate a management.
- Experience working in social housing/healthcare facilities and government agencies as funding partners an asset.
- Experience in property development and/or construction.
- Experience in working or volunteering in the non-profit sector.
- Supervisory experience.
- PMP (Property Management Professional) designation an asset.
- Post-secondary degree (Master’s level or BA and equivalent experience to Master’s level) in Real Estate Management, Business Administration, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or a related area.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated skills in project and financial management, with proven organizational abilities to analyze and synthesize complex data sets and to plan, estimate, schedule and complete projects on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and build effective teams, create a sense of community, and to work effectively in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of facilities management in social housing. A commitment to developing solutions and strategies that integrate facilities and development needs with those of target tenant group needs.
- Working knowledge of facilities and capital management software and database applications.
- Knowledge of facilities/property-related federal, provincial and local regulations, codes and legislation, including strata corporation and shared-use agreements
- Demonstrated ability to align facilities, property, and real estate operations and planning with the larger strategic goals of the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to work effectively with a range of staff, service users and leaders at all levels within, and external to a large multi-site organization.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple, competing demands within resource and time constraints.
This excluded regular, full-time position based in Squamish BC, offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including a defined benefit pension plan, MSP premium, extended health and dental, long term disability insurance and group life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance. This role requires occasional evening and weekend work and some travel in the Sea to Sky Corridor.
Deadline April 30, 2019
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Responses will be made to those who are interviewed only.
Location: Squamish, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Planning & Development,Property Management,Real Estate
Posted: March 18, 2019, 3:31 pm
Expires: April 30, 2019, 4:30 pm