Temexw Treaty Association
The title is officially Office Administrator but this is a leadership position.
Senior Executive Office Administrator
Reporting to the Board appointed by the Chief & Council of five First Nations. This role is responsible for the entire business of the association, all staff, key stakeholders and the ongoing negotiation process.
You will be a skilled leader who has experience reporting to a Board, possess a high degree of financial acumen and superb people management skills.
Interested parties are asked to forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cover letter should demonstrate the attributes that will make you effective in this position.
The Term: 6 Months
Resumes: Should be received prior to March 30th
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Negotiated depending on experience
Terms of Reference
Role of Office Administrator
The role of the Office Administrator is to be responsible for the successful leadership and management at both internal and external levels and assist with the financial management of the organization according to the strategic direction set out by the Board of Directors. Duties will include, but may not be limited to, the description outlined below.
Description of Duties
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a strategic plan to guide the association;
- Identify, assess and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that may affect the organization;
- Identify, assess and inform the Board of Directors on all aspects of the organization’s activities;
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the organization’s activities;
- Foster effective team work between the Board and the Office Administration and between Office Administration and staff;
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board when appropriate;
- Manage the staff on a day-to-day basis and ensure that the staff are adhering to all job descriptions;
- Work with staff and the Finance Committee to prepare annual budgets and work plans;
- Assist with the administration of the budget and expenditures according to the approved budget and assist in the monitoring of the monthly financial statements of the association.
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work toward the strategic direction of the association;
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the association;
- Review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate;
- Provide support to the Board by overseeing the preparation of agendas and supporting materials;
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of the association’s projects and special projects;
- Monitor the association’s policies and procedures and ensure they are being accurately followed and make recommendations when needed.
- Oversee all staff of the organization on a day-to-day basis;
- Ensure that all job descriptions are being adhered to and promote positive team work;
- Implement and ensure that staff is complying with the association’s personnel policies;
- Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of the staff on an ongoing basis and conducting an annual performance review;
- Coach and mentor as appropriate to improve performance.
- The Office Administrator will report and be accountable to the Board of Directors;
- The Office Administrator will provide a written monthly report to the Board at the regular scheduled meetings.
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: March 15, 2017, 11:36 am
Expires: March 30, 2017, 4:30 pm