Utilities Technician I (Full-Time)
The Fraser Valley Regional District, headquartered in Chilliwack, B.C., is comprised of six member municipalities and eight Electoral Areas, each containing numerous unique communities, cultures, and landscapes. The FVRD covers roughly 13,900 square kilometers, and delivers over 100 separate services to over 275,000 residents in the beautiful Fraser Valley.
We are inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the full-time position of Utilities Technician I in the Engineering and Community Services Department of the Electoral Area Services Division. Under the direction of the Manager of Operations, the Utilities Technician I will assist with the efficient operation of public utilities and preventative maintenance programs by maintaining and repairing facilities and equipment; processing connection applications and inspecting water and sewer connections as assigned; reading meters and submitting information for billing; collecting water samples weekly and transporting them for testing and analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by an accredited post-secondary program in Water and Wastewater Technology or an equivalent combination of education and related experience;
- Small Water Systems certification from the British Columbia Environmental Operators Certification program;
- Eligibility to maintain certification in the Environmental Operator Certification Program and membership in the B.C. Water and Waste Association;
- Working knowledge of the Drinking Water Protection Legislation;
- Ability to quickly acquire an understanding of water systems, sewer systems and SCADA functions and maintenance;
- Good understanding of computer operations including data logging and instrumentation;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively handle conflicting priorities;
- Must be in possession of a valid Driver’s Licence.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2017-02 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on January 25, 2017 to:
email@example.com or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Sewer & Wastewater,Water Services
Posted: January 5, 2017, 10:42 am
Expires: January 25, 2017, 4:30 pm